BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tortilla casserole

 First off I had to show off my smoked pork shoulders from last night. I did not know Bekka took a picture until I uploaded photos for tonight's post.


Tonight Bekka and I tried to get a little creative with dinner. We made a tortilla casserole. We rolled ours up but you can also layer it like Lasagna.
 We started off with flour tortillas. You can use corn but Hubby likes the flour ones better. Yes he is my most picky eater so we cater to him most of the time and when he is at work we eat what he doesn't like.
 We dipped our tortillas into tomato sauce. You can use enchilada sauce but I did not have any so tomato sauce won out since I did not feel like going to the store.
 Here is Bekka stuffing our tortillas. We used taco seasoning, hamburger meat, pinto beans, fresh corn and onion. We cooked this together before stuffing.  This would also be real good with sauteed vegetables.
 Rebekka rolled them up and put the seam side down.
 We got 9 into our long casserole dish.
 Here we put the rest of the filling on top, the rest of the tomato sauce on top and covered it with cheese.
 We then baked it at 350 until the cheese was nice and bubbly.
Here it is on a plate. Let me just say it was great.

I mentioned earlier that you could make it with vegetables. The Mexican restaurant here uses broccoli, zucchini, onions, peppers, and mushrooms in their vegetarian dishes. I would love to eat a whole casserole of vegetable stuffed tortillas. There are no left overs. Smokie got the last spoon full of hamburger meat. I say that is pretty good for this house.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am certainly going to try this with my family! Thanks for sharing.