BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grills are not just for grilling

Most people think a grill is for cooking meat and veggies on the little grate. That is not at all true. I have cooked a lot of different things on a grill. That is my gas grill and the cinderblock and hard wood grill. Here are two pictures of things I have fixed on the grill. I will list more below.




 Homemade Baked Beans. This was on the wood grill.
Hobo packets. This was on the gas grill. These are what ever you want to put into one. They can be individualized and marked before cooking.

Here is a small list of things cooked on a fire here at Byrd farms: Cobbler, Fried chicken, fried vegetables, rolls, biscuits, chili. I have fixed breakfast on a cast iron griddle on the grill. I want to try to bake homemade bread on the grill.

Give it some thought and let me know what you have or want to try on the grill that is not ordinary.


Please do not for get the @flipgrillman Grill contest. http://creativecookingonanbudget.blogspot.com/2011/06/grilling-is-happiness-contest-breadless.html


This post was inspired by the Sears: Grilling Is Happiness Ambassador Program at http://www.flipgrillman.com/index.php/grilling-is-happiness/

0 comments: