BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ham and what to do with the left overs.

So today I made Wesley's day. I cooked a ham I got on sale. I normally do not do that except at the holidays because I hate eating on it all week.

This week we are going to try some new things with the ham.
The first night we had ham and biscuits. We are all a little under the weather so we did not want a huge meal. The second night we are going to try  http://svcooks.blogspot.com/2009/08/washday-supper-new-england-boiled.html  From a Facebook Friend.   She also suggested a bean soup so that is on the menu this weekend. I am planning on using the bone and some of the left over ham and beans in the crock pot. Spilt pea soup was suggested also but since hubby would not eat it and I can not explain to Wesley that it does not have pee in it. (Yes he wont eat it because he thinks I put pee in it.)

The other things I have come up with is a ham and onions in a  cream sauce to go over noodles, omelets, boiled ham and taters (This one cane from a twitter friend) , sandwiches, and ham salad.

Handme has already claimed anything that is not edible. He is waiting by the back door as we speak. Yes I told him he was waiting awhile because I am planning on making this ham last.

0 comments: