BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Honey Icing

I am diabetic and a wife of a bee keeper so I am always looking for recipes using honey or ones that a diabetic can use. This is one that fits both.

I got the recipe from another blog and redid it according to taste and what I had on hand. Here is the original and the blog post at the bottom.

Sunni’s Peanut Butter Frosting recipehttp://www.sunnimaravillosa.com/node/1210








1 C. best quality natural peanut butter, smooth or chunky (real PB, not processed stuff like Jif or Skippy), stirred thoroughly before measuring
1/4–1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. butter, barely softened


Add salt to peanut butter and stir well to blend. Taste and add more salt if necessary to heighten the peanut butter flavor. Add honey and vanilla; stir. Add butter and beat to combine well.


Makes enough frosting for one large sheet cake, or an 8– or 9-inch layer cake.




Here is what I did. I used regular Peanut butter, and Blue Bonnet Margarine the first time around. I also used a whole stick.  It was a thin consistency at first but after I refrigerated it, it hardened up nicely to a piping consistency. When I used real butter in it, it got thicker in the fridge. It was not spreadable and did not taste as nice. 

This is really good on a chocolate cake. I am also planning on using the real butter recipe for a candy filling for Christmas.

0 comments: